“Hello everyone! As it is uni mid-semester break this week (i.e they will give you a week to catch up on where you are falling behind and call it a ‘holiday’) I have been perfecting my procrasti-baking skills and obsession with being fit and healthy! Please see below my super duper easy and healthy proteenies! The perfect snack or post-workout treat!”
- nuts: 2 cups of almonds and brazil, coconut (does that count?!?)
- seeds: sunflower and pepita
- fruit: dates and goji berries
- powder: cocoa or cacao (cacao is healthier but either will do the trick!)
What to do!
- Using a food processor, thermomix or blender chop the nuts up (not too much) then gradually add the fruits to the mix. I haven’t put any set quantities of ingredients because it’s up to you and your taste buds!
- You will see the mixture getting wetter add the powder! If your machine needs a bit of help (a lot of them struggle with the thick consistency of the mixture) add a little bit of water at a time until you get a rollable mixutre! It shouldn’t be too sticky though.
- You can either add the seeds and coconut now with the motor running or just combine in a mixing bowl with a spoon.
- Spoon mixture into desired sizes and roll in shredded coconut. Place in an air tight container and put in the freezer for 8hrs to set! Hey presto!!
Shelf Life: 1 month
Nutrition info: Gluten Free, Dairy Free! Vegan Suitable