Just in time for Mother’s Day this recipe is simple and a sure hit!
- 1.5 cups Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cups Plain Vanilla Yoghurt
- 2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1.5 cups Raspberries, frozen
- Icing: Light and Fluffy Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius. Lightly oil and line the bottom of a 23cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Beat oil and sugar using an electric mixer until well-combined. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Fold through yoghurt, followed by flour.
- Dust frozen raspberries lightly with flour to avoid sinking during cooking. Then fold through mixture.
- Place mixture in lined tin and bake for 70 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. (If cooking multiple cakes allow for additional cooking time and rotate 2/3 of the way through cooking).
- Place on a rack to cool then ice with Light and Fluffy Cream Cheese Icing.
Makes 1 Cake