“Adapted from Deliciously Ella’s recipe these healthy brownies are vegan, gluten and dairy free and deliciously moorish”
- 600g Sweet Potato
- 2/3 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 14 Dates
- 4 tbs Cacao Powder
- 3 tbs Rice Malt Syrup
- A pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a 20cm square pan with baking paper.
- Peel sweet potato, dice into 2cm cubes and steam until soft.
- Soften dates with boiling water then dice.
- Blend sweet potato and dates until a smooth mixture is formed.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients (Almond Meal, Gluten Free Flour, Cacao Powder and Salt).
- Combine sweet potato mixture and syrup to form mixture.
- Press evenly into lined tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from tin and cutting into squares.
- Dust with extra cacao powder and shredded coconut.
Makes 16 Squares
Originally adapted from: http://deliciouslyella.com/vegan-sweet-potato-brownies-gluten-free/