“There is nothing better than porridge on a cold winters morning. But nothing worse than having to get out of bed to spend hours making something delicious. These oats are so quick, filling and oh so tasty! Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Low Fodmap :)”
- 1/2 cup Quick Oats*
- 1 cup Water, Boiling*
- Splash of Coconut Milk*
- 2 tsp Rice Malt Syrup*
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Handful Blueberries
- 1 tsp Goodies and Grains Breakfast Sprinkle
- Bring water and oats to boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes stir well until creamy, remove from heat.
- Add coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Add toppings (whatever you like). I added rice malt syrup, banana, cinnamon, blueberries and Goodies and Grains Breakfast Sprinkle. Enjoy!
– I use boiling water purely because I have a cup of green tea every morning so the kettle is already on and it’s faster.
– If you would like to make this recipe gluten free then use gluten free oats. If following the FODMAP diet you can use normal oats.
– Rice Malt Syrup is a great low fructose sweetener with is FODMAP friendly. Otherwise, honey would be okay to use.
– Add enough coconut milk for desired consistency. You could use other substitutes like Almond Milk, Lactose Free, Soy Milk or Cows Milk.