“Bliss balls or Proteenie’s as we like to call them are great bite sized snacks packed full of protein! They are the perfect cure for a sweet craving or post workout fuel. This time we added peanut butter to make them even more tastier”
- 1 cup Quick Oats (use GF oats to make recipe GF)
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup Chopped Nuts (Brazil, Almonds, Coconut and Cashews)
- 16 dates soaked in ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cacao
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- Dash of Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Goodies & Grains Breakfast Sprinkle
- crushed nuts/ shredded coconut for rolling
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor and blend until well combined. (Strain water from dates). Add a small amount of water if mixture is too dry.
- Form dough into balls and roll in additional coconut or nuts.
- Refrigerate for one hour (better if refrigerated overnight)
Recipe adapted from @fitfoodandsoul