Larb is a mixture between a Thai and Vietnamese dish. It is perfect served hot and cold and in many different forms. This recipe is gluten free but always check the sauces as their ingredients do vary. Although we are going to make larb three ways you will need pretty much the exact sameingredients for all three dishes!
- 1 tbs Oil
- 500g Lean Beef Mince
- 1 Lemongrass Stalk
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3/4 tsp Ginger, crushed
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 3/4 Green Chilli, diced
- 2 tbs Lime Juice
- 2 tbs Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chilli Sauce
1. Heat oil in a pan on medium lemongrass and ginger until fragrant.
2. Add beef mince to pan and cook until brown. Throw in the rest of the vegetables.
3. Once vegetables are cooking add in chilli, lime juice, chilli and fish sauce.
4. Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper and extra chilli to taste.
Variation 1: Noodle Larb (pictured)
1. Boil 3 cups of water. Add 1 cup of clear rice noodles and allow to sit until soft.
2. Strain noodles and combine with mince mixture. Eat hot or cold.
Variation 2: San Choy Bow
1. Peel off leaves individually from an iceberg lettuce. Wash thoroughly then allow to dry.
2. Use lettuce leaves as edible bowls for mince mixture.
Variation 3: Hot Larb Salad
1. Steam one bunch of bok choy.
2. Serve hot larb on top with extra sauce.