I have admitted before that I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I am constantly searching for healthier alternatives to my weaknesses. I decided to try making a healthier alternative to jam and I definately won’t be having that again anytime soon. This recipe is quick, easy and healthy! What more could you want?
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 4 tbs water
- 3 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 tbs honey
- 4 tbs chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat ingredients to medium-high or until they bubble.
- Reduce heat to low and stir constantly until thickened (3-5mins).
- Allow to cool, store in an air tight container.
- Serving suggestions: simply on toast, a sponge cake filler, add on top of your porridge – the uses are endless!