I stumbled across this salad by accident. It started off as a ‘bitza’ but now I cannot get enough. If you are out of an ingredient no need to fear just trade it for something else – that is the great thing about salads.
- 100g Halloumi
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1 cup Spinach leaves
- 13 Almonds
- 4 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2-1 Slice sourdough bread
- Brown Halloumi in a pan using as little oil as possible. Remove from pan and blotch excess oil with a paper towel.
- Toast sourdough then dice into 1cm cubes.
- Dice almonds and avocado, slice cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Layer salad ingredients on a plate then top with your choice of dressing – our faves are balsamic and just plain olive oil or lemon juice.