These simple pancakes are the perfect weekend brekky! Top with seasonal fruit and greek yoghurt or lactose free yoghurt 😉 …. delish!!
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 cup lactose free milk
- 1 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) in a bowl. Make a well in the center and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook in a hot pan with coconut oil. I like pancakes that are approximately 1/4 cup in size. Flip when they have small air bubbles on one side.
- Serve with natural greek yoghurt and fruit!
- Spelt flour is not necessary (although it is better for you).
- Honey can be swapped for rice malt syrup (healthier) or maple syrup (naughty)
- Any milk can be used. To make a thinner consistency add more milk.
- Butter or olive oil can be used in the pan instead of coconut oil.
Remember to tag us in any of our recipes you make! @thebasicbalance