In winter not much keeps me away from slow cooker meals. Made in the morning eaten at night you cannot fault them! The longer you let this simmer the tastier it will be.
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1.5kg Chuck Casserole Steak
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 tbs Plain Flour
- 2 Lemongrass Stalks, diced
- 1 Brown Onion, chopped
- 3 tsp Ginger, diced
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 3 Large Carrots
- 600ml Beef Stock
- 3 tbs Passata
- 400g Green Beans
- 1 Red Chilli, diced
- To serve: brown rice, fresh coriander and chilli.
- Dice beef into 4 cm pieces and remove fat. Coat in flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat and brown beef in batches. Remove from heat and place in off slow cooker.
- Place chopped onion, lemongrass, ginger and garlic in a pan and cook until onion softens and ingredients become fragrant. Remove from heat and place in off slow cooker.
- Cut carrots into 2 cm chunks and add to slow cooker with passata and beef stock.
- Cook on high for two hours.
- Two hours later add top and tailed beans and chilli and continue cooking for 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Serve with additional chilli, brown rice and fresh coriander.
Freezer friendly, Gluten Free and Dairy Free