For too long endometriosis has been an unspoken term in households, but it is time to bring it into the lime light. Endometriosis, otherwise known as ‘endo’ is where lining that is usually found inside of the uterus is found outside, resulting in scar tissue.
1. It effects 1 in 10 women.
2. There is sadly no cure for endo.
3. It cannot be prevented.
4. Endometriosis does not cause infertility.
5. Severe period pain is not normal, it is one of the most common symptoms.
6. It can only be diagnosed through surgical intervention.
7. It is most common in women aged 30-40.
For more info head to Endometriosis Australia.